AMD Announces Instinct MI100 Accelerator, the World’s Fastest HPC GPU

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-instinct-mi100-accelerator-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD has announced its latest HPC GPU, the Instinct MI100 accelerator. Built on the company’s new CDNA architecture and offering up to 11.5 TFLOPS of peak FP64 performance for HPC and up to 46.1 TFLOPS peak FP32 Matrix performance for AI and machine learning, the company is billing the Instinct MI100 as the world’s fastest HPC accelerator for scientific research.

MI100 Specifications

Compute UnitsStream ProcessorsFP64 TFLOPS (Peak)FP32 TFLOPS (Peak)FP32 Matrix TFLOPS(Peak)FP16/FP16 MatrixTFLOPS(Peak)INT4 | INT8 TOPS(Peak)bFloat16 TFLOPs(Peak)HBM2ECCMemoryMemory Bandwidth1207680Up to 11.5Up to 23.1Up to 46.1Up to 184.6Up to 184.6Up to 92.3 TFLOPS32GBUp to 1.23 TB/s

Original Press Release...

Continue reading...

Man I wish we were into AI work in my department at work. I'd love to throw some of these in a cluster to see how they work... I wonder did anyone catch if you can use these to drive video for VDI's? Humm....

They have no video output function in and of themselves, so it probably isn't impossible if you were to really bend over backwards to accomplish it, I don't think they would drive a VDI natively.

They have no video output function in and of themselves, so it probably isn't impossible if you were to really bend over backwards to accomplish it, I don't think they would drive a VDI natively.

I mean you can slice up the M100 cards from Nvidia and use them to host virtual systems as video adapters. Just wondering if you can do the same with these. Kind of a pity but these sound more like pure AI cards.

Become a Patron!
Back