AMD Benchmarks Show Ryzen 7 7840U Outperforming Apple M2 and Intel Core i7-1360P

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has released a set of benchmarks that imply the Ryzen 7 7840U offers greater performance than Apple's M2 SoC and Intel's Core i7-1360P processor. One slide, titled "more performance than Apple notebooks," shows the Ryzen 7 7840U besting Apple's silicon in a range of application categories, including multiprocessing and Passmark 10, where performance is listed as 172% and 175%, respectively, while a second, titled "incredible gaming performance," shows AMD's chip blowing away Intel's in select games, including Cyberpunk 2077 (239%). The Ryzen 7 7840U is a mobile CPU that headlines the new Ryzen 7040U "Phoenix" Series, featuring eight "Zen 4" Cores, a max boost clock of up to 5.1 GHz, and a Radeon 780M GPU with 12 graphics cores and 2,700 MHz clock. Its default TDP is 28 watts.

See full article...

tumblr_lxels9BoVU1qff8too1_r1_400.gif

Of course they do and I'm sure intel will say theres are faster. And apple won't give a ****.

It is always appropriate to take manufacturer marketing numbers with a truckload of salt, but if this pans out, it will be nice to see them keepibg the competition alive.

It is always appropriate to take manufacturer marketing numbers with a truckload of salt, but if this pans out, it will be nice to see them keepibg the competition alive.
I'm considering a new gaming laptop. My old one with a 9900k isn't cutting it any more. lol. Now it's just used for documents and table top gaming reference/streaming over webcam.

It's weird to hear that a 9900k might not be cutting it anymore, but then again I always game in 4k ultra, so I am perpetually GPU limited. I can practically get away with using a 10 year old CPU most of the time.

I'm considering a new gaming laptop. My old one with a 9900k isn't cutting it any more. lol. Now it's just used for documents and table top gaming reference/streaming over webcam.
I don't remember my laptops CPU but is has a GTX880M inside, should get a new one but good ones are so **** expensive.

I don't remember my laptops CPU but is has a GTX880M inside, should get a new one but good ones are so **** expensive.

My newest laptop is a Latitude E6450 from ~2014. It has an i7-4810MQ and a Radeon HD 8790M in it.

I really don't do any gaming on laptops, so because of this I have no reason to upgrade it. Everything I do (mostly web/email and the occasional YouTube) runs just fine.

I hate the flat chiclet/island keyboards on modern laptops so I just can't force myself to buy anything newer.

All of my gaming is at my proper desk on my proper desktop. No need for a laptop that can handle games :p

829087_617399_laptops.png

E6540 left, E6430s right.

All of my gaming is at my proper desk on my proper desktop. No need for a laptop that can handle games :p

Mostly for me too, if I do go for a new one, it sould be most likely a Asus TUF one, should handle some light gaming and not break the bank.

Become a Patron!
Back