AMD: Custom Radeon RX 6800 Series GPUs Will Be Available at MSRP within Eight Weeks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-front-angle-render-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Custom AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series graphics cards aren’t only suffering from a horrendous lack of stock right now, but also inflated prices, with some models costing as much as $900. The situation may be set in improve in one to two months, however.

In their latest video, Hardware Unboxed’s Steve Walton and Tim Schiesser revealed that they had spoken to AMD, who assured them that the prices for custom Radeon RX 6800 Series models would go down to MSRP in four to eight weeks. (The Radeon RX 6800 and Radeon RX 6800 XT are supposed to sell for $579 and $649, respectively.)

“We’ve had a private conversation...

Continue reading...

Here's what confuses me, Nvidia was chastised for releasing cards that were slightly above MSRP ($50-100), meanwhile AMD is getting a pass from certain people. Wtf?

Either way, it's a terrible time to be a PC enthusiast. About a year ago was a great time for basically everything except maybe GPU's, now pretty much everything is sold out or being sold at markups. Personally I'm focusing on watercooling parts since those aren't inflated right now. I'll revisit hardware in about 6 months, hopefully by then it's not as retarded as it is right now.

Here's what confuses me, Nvidia was chastised for releasing cards that were slightly above MSRP ($50-100), meanwhile AMD is getting a pass from certain people. Wtf?

Either way, it's a terrible time to be a PC enthusiast. About a year ago was a great time for basically everything except maybe GPU's, now pretty much everything is sold out or being sold at markups. Personally I'm focusing on watercooling parts since those aren't inflated right now. I'll revisit hardware in about 6 months, hopefully by then it's not as retarded as it is right now.
I dunno, most ppl seem to be of the opinion that AMD dropped the ball big time here.
Some might be a little less harsh, but as this **** just keeps going they will most likely just be quiet.
It sucks, all around. Especially if you skipped a whole gen expecting this one to be available.

It's not so much that I'm so Pro-AMD that I am keeping quiet about it. I run nVidia at the moment, but I like to root for the underdog.

It's more that I'm so numb to it since ~everything~ is out of stock, and has been for some time.

And that I'm literally shocked speechless. I truly expected better of AMD when they announced they would have product at release. To come out with some shortages, ok, I could buy that. To come out not only worse than nVidia - but ~miles~ worse than nVidia... after seeing all the things Frank Azor has said, all I can do is shake my head at that one. I can't see how he is still allowed to make any type of public announcement, let alone still has a job, after this.

Maybe Intel will hire him so he can buddy up with Raja for Xe.

Become a Patron!
Back