AMD Partners with Robot Cache, a Marketplace That Allows Users to Mine Cryptocurrency for Free Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
robot-cache-monitor-games-1024x576.jpg
Image: Robot Cache

What if you could put your idle GPU’s power to better use and get free games out of it? Well, you can at Robot Cache, the world’s first blockchain-based digital marketplace for videogames. The platform (now in open beta) is actually powered by AMD, which is sponsoring a 5-percent permaboost for Radeon graphics card and Ryzen processor users, allowing them to earn iron (the store’s currency) to get free titles at a quicker rate. Games can also be sold for 25 percent back in iron or real world currency.

Experience a revolutionary new way to buy, play, and sell games with @RobotCache! Now in Open Beta, you can...

Continue reading...

Ok I'm curious... like... those titles all look like lower end titles and I couldn't reliably identify one game there.

Does the site restrict what games are available? Like... am I going to mine for a month to get enough 'iron' to buy... some B list Indy game? Or will I be able to put it to a pre order of something like bloodlines 2... or if I hadn't already done it. Cyberpunk 2077?

Other questions I'd love to see answered before I consider making an account....

1. How long is the iron good for?
2. What is the expected iron to cash equivalent?
3. Are prices adjusted by them or will we be able to use our iron to buy a game from any other vendor as we see fit?

I appreciate something like this and think it is an interesting idea... buuut... there needs to be some explanation around the game selections and how it all works before I click and site and ESPECIALLY before I create an account.

Ahh, all the parents (and universities) who don't realize they are paying for games with their electric bills...

Ahh, all the parents (and universities) who don't realize they are paying for games with their electric bills...

LOL yea too true. This will be classified as a malware in short work I bet.

Man just think what I can do with all of those unused CPU cycles on my ESXi hosts. Spin up a couple large VM's.... mmmm sweet sweet games.. oh and yea.. no job.. sure.. but GAMES! ;)

Thanks to the Humble Bundle, I have a fully stocked infinite backlog of older and indie games such as these. No reason to burn up my rig.

Become a Patron!
Back