AMD Promises to Continue Producing Radeon RX 6000 Series Reference Cards “Indefinitely” After Reports of Discontinuation

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-vertical-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Can you believe that AMD had planned to discontinue the reference designs for its newly launched Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards already? Considering that the Radeon RX 6900 XT was only released yesterday, that seems like a crazy thought, but Cowcotland (via VideoCardz) has shared a report that alleges exactly that.

“Just like the RX 6800 MBA and the RX 6800 XT MBA, production has been one shot for this card,” Aurelien Lagny wrote. “A brand told us that they only have about forty cards for France, not one more. Suffice to say once again that it’s just nada […] and that those who manage to...

Continue reading...

I don't understand why this matters.

I'll take one from any bvoard partner, as long as it is competently manufactured, and I can get a water block that fits.

make a couple .. test the waters .. Oh! ..people like them!

Ok, we'll make some more I guess ...

With availability being what it is I don't think so.

Yeah, especially if you believe reports that the limiting factor is the availability of GDDR6 and GDDR6x.

If that is the case, it doesn't really matter whose name is on the card. They are competing for the same RAM.

Maybe I just don't understand why GDDR6 and 6X is so non-existent. If it's not only used on graphics cards then who else is buying it up? Why is the supply so short? If the market demand is so high then why isn't another fab stepping in and making their own?

Its obvious they been wanting for AIBs to take over the product line... They need to figure out a way to streamline all this stuff, could very well end with no public offers of reference cards if they work with AIBs haeyd enough, and AIBs work hard enough too.

Become a Patron!
Back