AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Reportedly Packs 16 GB of VRAM – 6 GB More than NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-design-sneak-peek-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Serial leaker _rogame has confirmed the purported memory sizes for AMD’s upcoming Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards. The flagship card, which is currently being referred to as the Radeon RX 6900 XT in rumor circles, will boast 16 GB of VRAM, while its lesser siblings (Radeon RX 6800/6700 XT, perhaps?) will feature 12 GB of VRAM.

Those numbers are a solid improvement over the memory sizes of NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series. As you’ll recall, the GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3070 only come with 10 GB and 8 GB of VRAM, respectively. (While the GeForce RTX 3090 packs 24 GB of memory, we’re assuming that the Radeon RX 6900 XT will line up with the GeForce RTX 3080 in terms of price/performance.)

🧐I've now got confirmation for both :> Navi21 16GB VRAM> Navi22 12GB VRAMI...

Continue reading...

16G of what type of RAM....that is a better question than capacity I think

would be my first time spending 700 on a card...but i think it would do well on a 4k display

Really want to know about RT and any DLSS type solution.
At least for me, 8, 10 or 16GB of RAM is not the main concern at this stage, Maybe in 2022.

Unpopular opinion: I'm gonna be fine for another 2 years gaming at 4K60FPS with 8GB of RAM!

MOAR RAMS is fine and all, but performance is king. Let's see what Navi can do before we wet the bed with excitement based on gigs.

Kinda glad I couldn't snag a 3080 at launch now - looking like things could get very interesting at the 3080 tier.

I was thinking the VII had 16gb of HMB but was still an under performer.

I'll wait until sites like thefpsreview.com can give us a good solid review and now comparison to the 3xxx series from team green.

Meh, The end result is where is at.
Now, AMD is using cheaper memory may be a clear cost advantage.
Cost advantage means more leeway to fight in price of course...

Become a Patron!
Back