AMD Reportedly Launching Zen 3-Based Ryzen Threadripper 5000 Series Processors in August

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-threadripper-techno-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD will reportedly launch its Zen 3-based Ryzen Threadripper 5000 Series processors in the fall of 2021. This is according to leaker @KittyYyuko, who tweeted that red team is planning to release new-generation Threadripper CPUs in August. Popular system information and diagnostics tool HWiNFO has also published an update that alludes to a new round of these high-end processors, which target creators, developers, and other demanding enthusiasts.

さらに、8月にamdは新世代のThreadRipperプロセッサをリリースする— Yuko Yoshida (@KittyYYuko) April 4, 2021

The next-gen...

Continue reading...

Now the question will it work in the old TR4 sockets.

I was wondering when we'd see Zen 3 Threadripper.
Me too!

I don't need one, but if I were to go anywhere, this is the one that makes the most sense...

Mostly because I'd want more bandwidth for more NVMe drives, probably a hardware drive controller*, and perhaps more USB4 ports if those become 'a thing'.

*[I've developed a hatred for all forms of software RAID available on a Windows system; ZFS on Windows would probably be alright if that becomes a thing too, but we'll probably have to wait for Microsoft to rebase to the Linux kernel for that to become truly viable...]

Become a Patron!
Back