AMD Ryzen 3 3300X CPU Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner_1.png

Introduction

AMD has gained tremendous in-roads amongst PC computer enthusiasts, gamers, and well anyone interested in a desktop CPU in the last few years.  AMD has had great success with its first line of Summit Ridge Ryzen 1000 series desktop CPUs based on the Zen architecture.  Then it continued that success with the refresh known as Pinnacle Ridge Ryzen 2000 series Zen+ based line of Ryzen CPUs.  In 2019 AMD further bolstered themselves in CPU technology leadership with the new Matisse line of Ryzen 3000 series Zen 2 architecture-based CPUs we know today.  Every year AMD has proven to innovate and launch capable and desirable CPUs for the PC desktop market.In the summer of 2019, AMD launched the Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 Zen 2 cores 3000 series CPUs...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome review Brent! I was originally planning on putting together a 3600X system for the wife, but might wind up being able to throw together a 3300X while saving a couple of bucks!

Everything I've head about that CPU is it is a 7700k killer at just under half the going price... and honestly that's pretty **** huge. If you can budget for that CPU today with a B550 chipset motherboard you will be all set to go Zen 3 when they Ryzen 10? 5000 series.... of CPU's launch... I don't even know the numbers but you know what I mean.

On another topic I would hate to be a DIY newb rolling in trying to line up which AMD CPU I want.

I want a Zen 2 Cpu... which processor do I need to buy. Oh you need a ryzen 9 or Ryzen 8 series.

Ok which CPU's are those.

They are the 3700, 3900, 3950, 3100, or 3300 series CPU's.

Ok great.. but are they zen 3?

No they are Zen 2.

So which ones are Zen 1.

Oh those are the 2000 series but not the early ones the later ones.

I'm confused.

It's really simple you see...

I'll just buy a dell...

NOOOOO.....

Everything I've head about that CPU is it is a 7700k killer at just under half the going price... and honestly that's pretty **** huge. If you can budget for that CPU today with a B550 chipset motherboard you will be all set to go Zen 3 when they Ryzen 10? 5000 series.... of CPU's launch... I don't even know the numbers but you know what I mean.

On another topic I would hate to be a DIY newb rolling in trying to line up which AMD CPU I want.

I want a Zen 2 Cpu... which processor do I need to buy. Oh you need a ryzen 9 or Ryzen 8 series.

Ok which CPU's are those.

They are the 3700, 3900, 3950, 3100, or 3300 series CPU's.

Ok great.. but are they zen 3?

No they are Zen 2.

So which ones are Zen 1.

Oh those are the 2000 series but not the early ones the later ones.

I'm confused.

It's really simple you see...

I'll just buy a dell...

NOOOOO.....

It seems likely that Zen3 will be the Ryzen 4000 series with the same 3, 5, 7, and 9 series nomenclature. I know there are 4000 series CPU's today, but those are APU's and still Zen2. Similarly, there were Ryzen 3000 series CPU's with APU's which were all still Zen+. Why? Don't know. My guess is that they are released later as a general rule so AMD uses the same "3000 series" or whatever series to encompass them all in a certain release range so that people don't look at something like the Ryzen 5 3400G and assume it's last years model, even though it is.

It's similar to AMD rebranding older video cards or GPU's with newer names. How many times was the 7970 rebadged and sold as something new?

In the Chinese culture, the number 4 is unlucky, in the past, it was rumored AMD would skip the number 4 as a major product number in its upcoming architecture or series name. That was the rumor a while ago, but I'm not sure if they will actually follow it or just go ahead and do it anyway.

The main problem with their product naming was Zen+, instead of the 2000 series it should have been the 1050 series, so you would have 1750x for example, everything just with a 50 attached, anything with a + should have gotten a half-step up, not a whole-step. And they shouldn't have called products with APUs being a whole series number ahead of the architecture they are based on, ugh. Then 2000 series could have all been Zen 2, and 3000 series Zen 3 and on and on keeping everything the same. Oh well.

As all ready said, awesome review Brent!!!!!!
For the money they are a great chip.

Become a Patron!
Back