AMD Ryzen 6000 Series “Rembrandt” APUs Rumored to Feature Zen 3+ Cores and Up to 12 RDNA 2 GPU Compute Units

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Hardware leaker ExecutableFix has shared new rumors pertaining to AMD’s upcoming family of Ryzen 6000 Series APUs. Code named “Rembrandt,” the new lineup is said to improve upon the Ryzen 5000 “Cezanne” Series by leveraging a 6-nanometer process and improved Zen 3 cores (Zen 3+), as well as an RDNA 2-based iGPU that features 12 Compute Units—4 more than Cezanne’s Vega-based graphics solution. Core counts and clock speeds have yet to be revealed, but AMD’s Rembrandt APUs will include support for both PCIe 4.0 and DDR5 memory.

Rembrandt is RDNA 2 based with a maximum of 12 CUs 🔥— ExecutableFix (@ExecuFix) May 8, 2021

The only Zen3+ that I've seen is the 6nm one in Rembrandt— ExecutableFix (@ExecuFix)...

Continue reading...

Hey a decent APU might be a decent lower end solution, considering you cannot buy GPUs right now

Hey a decent APU might be a decent lower end solution, considering you cannot buy GPUs right now
Really, they should be decent period.

What I really, really wanted when I shopped for a laptop last year was a 14"-class APU setup that's fast enough for common workloads, had great ergonomics, and long battery life.

I settled for an XPS 15. Nice laptop no doubt - but I do mean settled. The GTX1650 Ti is both too fast for my needs and not fast enough. The panel is an above-average VA, but it definitely falls short of the best, and couldn't be had in a >60Hz version. I picked up the 1200p option but knowing what I know now, that basically the 4k version is better in every other way, I would have gotten it and just scaled the desktop appropriately.

And AMDs biggest competitor here isn't Intel, it's Apple. There's a rumor of a 14" Macbook Pro with a hopped up M1 CPU, and now that I do so very little gaming on the laptop, I bet I could make it work for everything else. You know it'll spank those APU graphics cores when it comes to editing video!

I wonder how well a 12 CU RDNA2 chip without the large cache will perform.

If it allows 1080p60 at medium or higher on current games, it will be massive for the market.

Become a Patron!
Back