AMD Ryzen 9 9900X CPU Review: 12-Core Zen 5 at $499

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction AMD’s Ryzen 9 SKUs of the Ryzen 9000 series CPUs based on the new Zen 5 architecture are launching and will be available in retail on August 15th, 2024. We are talking specifically about the top-dog, flagship, 16-core AMD Ryzen 9 9950X as well as the high-end 12-core AMD Ryzen 9 9900X. In this […]

See full article...

Now I'm thinking the sweet spot for me might be a 9950x3d dang...

Now I'm thinking the sweet spot for me might be a 9950x3d dang...
I don't do AI or anything with mine - I have a older 5900X 12 core. Only time I've ever seen more than like 4 cores engage is when it's compiling shaders for an Unreal engine game. I think my next CPU I'll probably drop to an 8 Core x3d type chip and save a bit of cash, and maybe get a few more Mhz out of it. But I'm probably not looking at an upgrade this coming generation either - still happy with how it runs.

I don't do AI or anything with mine - I have a older 5900X 12 core. Only time I've ever seen more than like 4 cores engage is when it's compiling shaders for an Unreal engine game. I think my next CPU I'll probably drop to an 8 Core x3d type chip and save a bit of cash, and maybe get a few more Mhz out of it. But I'm probably not looking at an upgrade this coming generation either - still happy with how it runs.
I want the IPC boost that two gens will give. Even a 9900x will be a boost. But I'm not.going.to be ready to buy until Feb or end of March next year.

Become a Patron!
Back