AMD Ryzen 9 9950X “Zen 5” CPU Reveals up to 45% Improvement versus 7950X in New AIDA64 Benchmarks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen 9 9950X, a new flagship 16C/32T desktop processor from AMD that promises to deliver another leap in performance with its brand-new Zen 5 cores, is up to 45% faster than the Ryzen 9 7950X, the previous generation's non-X3D leader, according to new benchmarks that have surfaced at an online forum.

See full article...

Only place in saw those numbers reported was wccf tech. Gives me hope though for reviews to come. I know my 5900x is holding back my video card.

Speculating, we should expect higher IPC - that's really the only way for AMD to go, and they're behind Intel's P-cores at the moment. Cache and interconnect optimizations should also be present, as well as memory controller advancements (already seen from AMD with their APUs being able to push 8000MT/s+).

Granted, I've seen it reported that Zen 5 without 3D V-cache will not be faster than Zen 4 with 3D V-cache for gaming, per AMD, so gains will probably be limited to compute-heavy scenarios.

Sounds like a terrible idea...
I mean, they already have SKU's with higher TDP than that, so why not. It's not like it will be constantly at the high power state, so it's fine. It will hum along on the desktop at just as low power as a 65W part.

Become a Patron!
Back