AMD Ryzen 9000 Series “Zen 5” CPUs to Run Cooler than Ryzen 7000 Series and Feature Same DDR5 Memory Sweet Spot

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen 9000 Series, a new generation of desktop CPUs from AMD that promises to deliver what the company says is world class gaming and creator performance courtesy of the new Zen 5 architecture, will run cooler than its Ryzen 7000 Series "Zen 4" predecessors but feature the same memory sweet spot (i.e., DDR5-6000), according to a new report that has surfaced ahead of the processors' expected release later this month.

See full article...

^^ Same, with *. Running a 7900X now up from Intel 7700k. Big uplift from the Intel, but I may get to end of year and maybe 'slightly' upgrade depending on wife and budget. :LOL:

^^ Same, with *. Running a 7900X now up from Intel 7700k. Big uplift from the Intel, but I may get to end of year and maybe 'slightly' upgrade depending on wife and budget. :LOL:
Yea my 5900x I am pretty sure is holding my my 7900 xtx. So when those new chipsets drop and bonus/irs season hits I intend to upgrade my processor, motherboard, and Ram. Possibly storage but Samsung's PCIE 4.x NVME seems good and I'm not having capacity woes.

Apparently, the Zen 5 CPUs are rumored to have a higher sweet spot, DDR5-6400 to maintain a 1:1 ratio.

Huh, they'd previously said 'the same' sweetspot, especially since they're using the same I/O die, right?

Though to be fair, 6400MT/s isn't that much more difficult to run than 6000MT/s so long as they've massaged their controller a bit. They definitely do not seem interested in pursuing DDR5-8000+ as a viable option (in any performance-bearing scenario other than a memory bandwidth test).

Become a Patron!
Back