AMD Ryzen 9000 Series “Zen 5” Retail Listings Reveal Similar Pricing to Zen 4 CPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen 9000 Series, AMD's latest generation of desktop CPUs, will be available later this month with not only Zen 5 cores for what red team says is unrivaled performance, but also price tags that fall closely in line with its predecessors, according to new listings for the processors that have surfaced at a Slovenian retailer, offering an early glimpse at how their MSRPs might compare with their last-generation, Zen 4-based counterparts.

See full article...

The Ryzen 9000 Series, AMD's latest generation of desktop CPUs, will be available later this month with not only Zen 5 cores for what red team says is unrivaled performance, but also price tags that fall closely in line with its predecessors, according to new listings for the processors that have surfaced at a Slovenian retailer, offering an early glimpse at how their MSRPs might compare with their last-generation, Zen 4-based counterparts.

See full article...
This is what a refresh is SUPPOSED to look like FFS. This shouldn't be news but I'm glad to hear it.

This is what a refresh is SUPPOSED to look like FFS. This shouldn't be news but I'm glad to hear it.
It's a pretty limited refresh; cores are massaged for a bit more IPC, there's AVX512 which may influence a few folks with very narrow workloads, but otherwise I'm not seeing much. I'd also bet that these are perhaps cheaper for AMD to produce, or having already introduced these CCDs in Epyc SKUs, that they've simply just switched CCD production entirely over and thus the benefit of economy of scale has shifted to the Zen 5 dies.

As we've probably already beaten to death, unless AMD is interested in putting in their compact core CCDs with 12 cores in some of these SKUs (not even rumored yet), there's not a big step change. More similar to the Zen to Zen+ jump IMO.

(now, relative to Intel's 12th / 13th / 14th-gen progression, sure, Zen 5 perhaps looks a bit better, and with prices under control as Intel does present real competition at specific segments AMD can't get too wild)

Become a Patron!
Back