AMD Ryzen 9000X3D CPUs May Be Launching in September

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The AMD Ryzen 9000X3D Series, a new generation of AM5 desktop processors that will pair red team's new Zen 5 cores with the company's 3D V-Cache technology for higher performance, is scheduled to launch as early as this September, according to new rumors that have been shared online.

See full article...

Did I correctly read more PCIE lanes with the right match of CPU and Chipset?

Please either be 3D cache on all CCDs, or at least more than 8 cores per CCD (not likely given the usual 12-core and 16-core setup for the top models).

Did I correctly read more PCIE lanes with the right match of CPU and Chipset?
I'm not seeing that anywhere. I do see the Ryzen 9000 CPU's can have 24 pcie lanes. 4 for storage, 16 for pcie slot 1, and 4 to be divided up. All PCIE 5.

I'm not seeing that anywhere. I do see the Ryzen 9000 CPU's can have 24 pcie lanes. 4 for storage, 16 for pcie slot 1, and 4 to be divided up. All PCIE 5.
I saw 1 article that said with the 870e chipset/right board and the new 9000 series am5 there would be 44 pcie lanes, I am starting to wonder if that was a typo and should have read 24. Not like I plan to go SLI any time soon but an x16 card with 4 gen 5 x4 nvme drives in raid 0...... Oh the speed, right? With 24 pcie lanes I'd have to give up my gpu to do that.

-edit-

Just found this, if true, it would make sence.

X870E has full 44 lanes,
  • PCIe 5.0: 24 lanes.
  • PCIe 4.0: 12 lanes.
  • PCIe 3.0: 8 lanes.

I saw 1 article that said with the 870e chipset/right board and the new 9000 series am5 there would be 44 pcie lanes, I am starting to wonder if that was a typo and should have read 24. Not like I plan to go SLI any time soon but an x16 card with 4 gen 5 x4 nvme drives in raid 0...... Oh the speed, right? With 24 pcie lanes I'd have to give up my gpu to do that.

-edit-

Just found this, if true, it would make sence.

X870E has full 44 lanes,
  • PCIe 5.0: 24 lanes.
  • PCIe 4.0: 12 lanes.
  • PCIe 3.0: 8 lanes.
It'll be interesting to see how that breaks down to ports and all.

Become a Patron!
Back