AMD says to follow Reddit's advice if you've got USB connectivity issues

Oh... THAT is not going to end well for AMD. Purchase a PCIe 4.0 motherboard.. CHECK!! Purchase a CPU to take advantage of PCIe 4.0 lanes... CHECK!!! Purchase a GPU that makes use of the PCIe 4.0 lanes... CHECK!!! Being told by the CPU Manufacturer to dial down the PCIe mode to 3.0 so that you can have a "Stable" system... Nope.... NOT the answer I'd be looking for if I were an owner of that system.

Oh... THAT is not going to end well for AMD. Purchase a PCIe 4.0 motherboard.. CHECK!! Purchase a CPU to take advantage of PCIe 4.0 lanes... CHECK!!! Purchase a GPU that makes use of the PCIe 4.0 lanes... CHECK!!! Being told by the CPU Manufacturer to dial down the PCIe mode to 3.0 so that you can have a "Stable" system... Nope.... NOT the answer I'd be looking for if I were an owner of that system.
Not sure how widespread the issue is or if it's really all that dramatic...

Yeah, having USB devices decide to spontaneously disconnect on you is annoying, but I have had systems of all types do that... If it's a problem that you can't solve with using a different port, or dropping in an add-in card, or that OEMs refuse to provide warranty support for, then it's a BFD. But I don't know if we are to that hair-on-fire level of severity yet.

Become a Patron!
Back