Analogue Pocket – Aluminum Editions Are Now Available in Highly Limited Quantities

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Analogue Pocket, a multi-video-game-system portable handheld that includes support for thousands of classic games, including Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance game cartridges, is now available to order in several limited editions that feature aluminum casing, Analogue has announced.

See full article...

Analogue's FPGA systems have been nothing short of absolutely incredible. But their prices are insaaaaaane.

I remember when they were called Analogue Interactive. They used to take Neo-Geo MVS arcade machines and turn them into console-like devices (with carved, stained, and polished wood enclosures, which I think is excessive). I have one of those units. After that, they made the Analogue Nt, a NES system that used real NES chips on a custom PCB. Then they dove into the world of FPGA with the Nt Mini, then the Super Nt (SNES/SFC), and the Mega Sg (Mega Drive/Genesis). All of those were phenomenal products. I don't know much about any of their other stuff though, include the Pocket. But the Super Nt and Mega Sg had reasonable sub-$200 prices. The Nt and Nt Mini were like $500, and I see that's pretty much what they are charging for their Pocket, and I think for their upcoming TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine FPGA device. Yeah sorry guys. Chris Taber and the crew at Analogue have done some incredible work, but all of these things just cost way too dang much.

Become a Patron!
Back