Apple’s iPhone 13 Lineup Will Reportedly Start at 128 GB of Storage, with 1 TB Options for Pro Models

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
apple-iphone-12-purple-pair-1024x576.jpg
Image: Apple

Apple’s current standard iPhone models, the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini, are available to purchase with 64 GB of storage. That will supposedly no longer be an option for their successors.

According to reputable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple’s iPhone 13 lineup will start at 128 GB of storage. It isn’t clear whether this means an increase in starting price for the iPhone 13 series, but the 64 GB and 128 GB models of the iPhone 12 are listed for $799 and $849 on the Apple Store, respectively.

Kuo also claims that the Pro models of the iPhone 13 will feature capacities of up to 1 TB. This is good news for Pro users who regularly shoot videos and manage other large files, as the iPhone 12 Pro’s highest-capacity option is around half that at 512 GB.

The rumored storage capacity breakdown of Apple’s new iPhone 13 series is as follows:

iPhone 13 mini and...

Continue reading...

Hmm.

Apple has always had crazy markups on storage. It’s an easy money maker for them.

I can understand some people need more storage than others: people who take a lot of pics, trying to film 4K, etc. But that’s why they sell models with more storage.

I have a 64G XS now - because that was the minimum storage I could buy. I haven’t done any storage management in years and I’m only sitting at 30G used. I could probably clean it up and cut that in half.

Seems to me raising the minimum storage amount is really going to just be a way to justify a higher starting price.

$1K won’t be the OMG it’s so expensive phone any more. If we are lucky it will be the median price - it’s nearly there now as it is. I’ve always chuckled at the fact that the iPad is usually cheaper than the phone, despite having more of pretty much everything.

I picked up a SE(’20) for $250 last year and I’ve used 16 of 64GB. I never shoot videos or play games on my phone so I’ll never come close to using all that space. Hopefully they make another SE in 5-6yrs with less storage at a cheap price when this one needs to be replaced.

I'd rather phone makers cut down on internal storage, reducing phone costs, and just give us the option to expand storage with MicroSD cards.

I’m at 292gb used, can’t imagine trying to get by on a 64gb phone. I generally just store everything on the phone and avoid using data.

I use an iPhone 12 here and just recently upgraded. I usually go with a 64GB phone, but that wasn't available anymore so I had to get a 128GB. I won't come anywhere near that for storage.

Yeah… 64GB iphone here. Only 40GB used, but a lot of that are things like podcasts that get auto downloaded. Could clean it up quite a bit I suppose.

I use a Note 20 ultra and I opted for the 512gb model. I'm just over 120gig into it so far. I figure I can run this for the next 3-5 years no issue. That's about how long I had my older model.

I use a Note 20 ultra and I opted for the 512gb model. I'm just over 120gig into it so far. I figure I can run this for the next 3-5 years no issue. That's about how long I had my older model.
5 years would be impressive.

My XS is creeping up on 3 years and it's showing signs of battery age -- most days I can still go all day, but not every day any longer. I figure it might last another year if I push it before the battery just throws me into a rage.

5 years would be impressive.

I´m still on a Samsung S5, 120gig micro SD card and replaceable battery. It does all I need from a phone, only downside is the lack of Android updates.
I´ve replace the battery once and it´s due again (roughly every 2 years) I do keep my phones a long time. Before this one I had a Samsung Omnia (win 6.1)
1 TB on a phone would be nice, but as others mentioned, pricey.

Become a Patron!
Back