Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s First Expansion, Wrath of the Druids, Launches April 29

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
assassins-creed-valhalla-wrath-of-the-druids-key-art-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Ubisoft

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla fans will be able to enjoy the popular open-world Viking title’s first major expansion, Wrath of the Druids, on April 29. The expansion’s release date was confirmed by Ubisoft today, which shared a blog post noting how Wrath of the Druids would allow players to explore the haunted wilds of Ireland and battle a druidic cult called the Children of Danu. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Wrath of the Druids expansion is available to purchase separately or as part of the game’s season pass.

“While Wrath of the Druids is still over a month away, there is still plenty of new content available now in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla,” Ubisoft noted. “It all starts with the...

Continue reading...

Yeah, you can shove your timed events where you want punysoft, you don't get to tell me when to play a game.

I don't mind timed events so much, at least in MMOs. But those are meant to be live games that evolve over time, and if you were to take a break from the game when you come back it definitely won't be the same game. Could say the same thing about titles like Destiny. Those games are more about the journey and the community, so you have to keep throwing content out there, and do other things like timed events, to keep the community alive, interested, and active - and paying for that sweet subscription or season pass or expansion pack....

Assassin's Creed... not so much, I don't think. I haven't played this one, or any of the AC titles really... but I think most single player games with a narrative arc, I don't think I would want timed content in there. I play those for the stories, or the action, and I come back to a game because I know exactly what flavor I'm getting. I don't know how well having timed content leading up to a DLC release will be for a single player game ... I think if I were to go and buy the GOTY edition in a couple years, and it were missing content, I might be a bit miffed... but then again, this kind of content usually is just some fluff thrown together as quickly as possible without any real depth - just something to spin some marketing for the upcoming release.

I don't mind timed events so much, at least in MMOs. But those are meant to be live games that evolve over time, and if you were to take a break from the game when you come back it definitely won't be the same game. Could say the same thing about titles like Destiny. Those games are more about the journey and the community, so you have to keep throwing content out there, and do other things like timed events, to keep the community alive, interested, and active - and paying for that sweet subscription or season pass or expansion pack....

Assassin's Creed... not so much, I don't think. I haven't played this one, or any of the AC titles really... but I think most single player games with a narrative arc, I don't think I would want timed content in there. I play those for the stories, or the action, and I come back to a game because I know exactly what flavor I'm getting. I don't know how well having timed content leading up to a DLC release will be for a single player game ... I think if I were to go and buy the GOTY edition in a couple years, and it were missing content, I might be a bit miffed... but then again, this kind of content usually is just some fluff thrown together as quickly as possible without any real depth - just something to spin some marketing for the upcoming release.

I think for AC well at least the current one it shows some of the historic significance that has carried forward to the modern age from those events at that time period. It's kind of neat in my opinion.

Become a Patron!
Back