Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Future Ubisoft Titles Won’t Have Achievements on PC (Updated)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
assassins-creed-valhalla-eivor-axes-1024x576.jpg

Update 11/14: Another Ubisoft support staff member has claimed the opposite, noting that Achievements are coming.

“Just to clarify, the misunderstanding on our part was that achievements had been discontinued – they haven’t! The original information was correct, and they are indeed being worked on. Achievements are coming!,” Ubi-Woofer wrote.

It isn’t clear why the PC version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla failed to ship with Achievements.

Original Story:

For some inexplicable reason, Ubisoft decided to release Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on PC without Achievements. We’ve now learned that this is an intentional change that will carry over to future titles released on the PC platform.

“Achievements are not not...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we also mention the idiotic move to rebrand uplay as ubisoft connect? The old flows off the tongue the new name is impractical, too long. Why did it need rebranding in the first place?

Because it wasn't branded ubisoft some people didn't know. That's my best guess.

Because it wasn't branded ubisoft some people didn't know. That's my best guess.
That makes sense. Reflects the rebranding of Origin to EA Desktop. The erasure of long had features in the client is confusing, though.

Meh, as long as I need to create an account with either of them I'm not buying.

I'll clamor to my Steam and only steam as a store until the day I die.

I have a strict no new accounts, and no new apps policy.

PC games had achievements in the first place?

Most users keep referring to it as uplay, including me, this will only lead to confusion when new users appear who never knew it as uplay.

Not surprising that communication in such a big company would be inconsistent, though it also wouldn't be surprising if they didn't think that removing achievements on the PC version would gain so much negative attention.

Become a Patron!
Back