ASUS Announces 42-Inch and 48-Inch ROG Swift OLED Gaming Monitors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-swift-42-and-48-oled-gaming-monitors-starry-bg-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS is planning to release at least two new ROG Swift monitors that leverage OLED panels for superior image quality.

As detailed in a new article on the official ROG blog today, they are the 42-inch ROG Swift OLED PG42UQ and 48-inch ROG Swift PG48UQ, both of which feature 4K OLED panels offering refresh rates of up to 120 Hz and 0.1 ms response time. ASUS says that the former represents the world’s first 42-inch OLED gaming monitor.

“These expansive displays will depict gaming worlds in glorious detail with their 4K resolution,” ASUS wrote. “Not only do they deliver deep, inky blacks and dazzling highlights, but they also offer true 10-bit color, covering 98% of the wide DCI-P3 color gamut for vibrant, lifelike images.”

“They’re tuned for accurate colors, as well, as they’re factory-calibrated to achieve a ΔE of less...

Continue reading...

Glad to see this. I'd be interested in one of these things for sure. It really depends on price and availability. It seems these things are often MIA for a year after being announced. We'll see though.

Glad to see this. I'd be interested in one of these things for sure. It really depends on price and availability. It seems these things are often MIA for a year after being announced. We'll see though.

I could see myself going for the 42" model.

Again, with the image retention caveat.

Also hoping they don't do BGR pixel layouts again. That is really starting to get annoying.

Become a Patron!
Back