ASUS Announces NUC 14 Pro+ with Up to Intel Core Ultra 9 Processor and Thunderbolt 4 with DisplayPort 1.4 and USB4

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced the NUC 14 Pro+, a new ultracompact PC that is said to deliver superior performance to run generative AI workloads, coupled with features that include energy-efficient WiFi Sensing, a 5" x 4" anodized aluminum chassis with toolless access, and connectivity options that include Thunderbolt 4 with DisplayPort 1.4 and USB4.

See full article...

I thought NUC was dead? Or did Asus pry the corpse away from Intel?

Main omission I'm seeing is the lack of WiFi 7; I'd figure that would be a given with Intel's newest lower-power platforms, though obviously not a deal-killer. An option to have 10Gbit would be nice, though that can not-inexpensively be added through TB4.

Otherwise, specs look good - I'd have wanted faster memory, but a quick peruse of Newegg puts higher-speed DDR5 SO-DIMMs as non-existent, with only one kit showing up as a slovenly DDR5-6000 CL38. I'd bet if that new memory standard that's supposed to supplant SO-DIMMs shows up in refresh of these, DDR5-8000+ would be on the table (and useful for the iGPU and any compute-focused workloads).

Also, shoutout to having HDMI-CEC! Very nice to see Intel putting that on their mobile parts too.

Become a Patron!
Back