ASUS Launches New ROG Laptops with Dual Screens, 300 Hz Refresh Rates, and Liquid-Metal Cooling

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-zephyrus-duo-15-gaming-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has introduced a handful of new ROG-branded laptops as part of today’s mobile GeForce RTX SUPER/Max-Q 2.0 launch, and two of them sport particularly novel features. For starters, the ROG Strix Scar 17 flaunts an incredibly fast display that refreshes at 300 Hz.

asus-rog-strix-scar-17-1024x717.jpg
Image: ASUS

The flagship ROG Strix SCAR 17 represents the pinnacle of professional esports. Its blisteringly fast 300Hz gaming panel surpasses the current tournament standard, while its larger chassis and cooling module can run the new GeForce RTX™ 2080 SUPER GPU at a full 150W. This config pumps out enough frames to saturate the expansive 17.3” display with the...

Continue reading...

I kinda like the second screen - just not sure I like how it removes the palm rests and track pad.

All top tier specs riiight until you hit the CPU. Hard pass. Should be the new 4k series AMD processors.

Wont the liquid metal create long term issues? I thought it required reapplication within 3 years.

Become a Patron!
Back