Beyond Good and Evil Delisted from Steam as Ubisoft Gears Up for 20th Anniversary Edition Release with 4K/60 FPS, Improved Graphics, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Beyond Good and Evil, the 2003 action-adventure game from Rayman creator Michel Ancel that, while selling poorly, received such an overwhelmingly positive response from players that a sequel was greenlit by Ubisoft, where it (seemingly) remains in development, has been unlisted from Steam and will no longer appear under its search function, according to a notice that can now be found on the game's store page, which remains active.

See full article...

So that original 2003 PC release of BG&E was garbage. Absolute trash. Ran like @ss too. The 6th-gen console versions were superior. After trying it out on PC back then, I decided to play through the game using my brother's Gamecube copy. Good experience, ran mostly at 60fps. Xbox version ran and looked even better. No idea about PS2 version, but I'd like to think it ran about the same as the other two. But f*ck that PC port. It should have been delisted long ago just to people wouldn't have the option of paying money for that piece of sh1t. Glad it's finally gone.

Back during the 7th-gen days, X360 and PS3 got a remaster. I have the X360 version, and that turned out really good too, from what I recall. What pissed me off is that this version never came to PC. So now that they are doing another remaster, I hope the PC will finally have a decent f*cking version of this game.

It sucks that Beyond Good and Evil got pulled from Steam, but it sounds like they're prepping for the 20th-anniversary edition. Hopefully, the new 4K and 60 FPS upgrades will make it worth the wait. If you already own it, you'll still be able to play, so at least there's that.
So far its still on GoG.
^^^ This. ( <-- link)

There are other game outlets besides Steam. BG&E regularly goes on sale at GoG.

It sucks that Beyond Good and Evil got pulled from Steam
No it doesn't. That original PC version was @ss, as I mentioned above. GOG needs to toss it too. You're better off running the Gamecube or Xbox versions via emulation.

60 FPS upgrades
The game has always targeted 60fps. It hit that target a lot of the time on the 6th-gen consoles, and the X360/PS3 remaster had no issues holding 60fps.

The Switch version of the new Anniversary edition only runs at 30fps, which is sad considering the Switch is a lot more powerful than PS3 and X360.

I just remembered one major advantage the original PC version has: no Ubisoft uPlay/Connect.

Become a Patron!
Back