BioShock 4 Job Listings Point to Open-World Title with RPG Mechanics

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
bioshock-big-daddy-carrying-little-sister-1024x576.jpg
Image: 2K Games

The BioShock trilogy has primarily been defined by its gorgeous worlds (i.e., Rapture and Columbia), so it isn’t a surprise that the developer for the fourth installment, Cloud Chamber Games, is doubling down on the world building and looking beyond the franchise’s FPS roots. Job listings discovered by industry insider MauroNL (via VG247) suggest that BioShock 4 will take a page out of games like Fallout 4 with an open world and leverage a complex dialogue system to deliver its narrative.

The application page for Lead Systems Designer seems to lend a lot of credence to...

Continue reading...

Please, no. The market is fully saturated with "open-world RPGs" and I'm starting to get a little sick of it. Keep the original formula, just make a more complete game like the first one this time around instead of rushing it out the door like Infinite. A carefully crafted, linear narrative would actually be welcome.

Unfortunately it seems like traditional FPS is going the way of the dodo, and for all the wrong reasons.

After The Last of Us 2 undeserving GOTY win and countless of other awards, expect more wokeness coming in these games.

But, this time, many won't be so fooled and be lead into deceitful agendas by preordering so early without knowing what the full content contains in it.

On a scale of wokeness TLOU2 is on the low end. Maybe some of the judges vote for it for all the wrong reasons, but it's not an undeserving winner. It's my GOTY as well, now that I saw CP2077.

Ghost of Tsutsima is just an assassin's creed clone, it does not seem that special. The only reason people vote it GOTY is to stick it to their perceived enemy.

As for Bioshock, I was never a fan. So I feel any change to the formula can result in a better game then we had before.

Become a Patron!
Back