BioWare and EA Aren’t Involved with the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

That reminds me of the ongoing failure that is APB. I can't believe that game still exists, and still being updated. That game supposedly cost $100 million. And flopped so hard that it was shut down within a year, to be sold and relaunched later as F2P. It has been sold multiple times since, but it's still kicking and being worked on. It first launched in 2010.
In Anthem's case, I think EA was wise to pull the plug before they sunk millions of dollars into the project. It likely wouldn't bear any fruit and they knew it.

Anthem had great gameplay and an interesting upgrade mechanic built into it but it completely fell apart on story and progression of the game world and content.

It would be like playing World of Warcraft, but you can only play horde... and only the badlands. And no other content would be there to play.

It was a 20 hour AT BEST game with a grind for better gear at the end with far too little actually engaging content.

They thought dungeons would be all they needed but they were woefully wrong and the game would itself ESPECIALLY with the mobility was anemic.

Something that would have helped that title would be to have you advance as a regular non power armor having character getting waffle stomped by the bigger bads as you went along to eventually earn or find a suite of power armor and ascend to the rank of Lancer.

But that's all hindsight and the game is done and shot in the head at this point. Unless a reborn studio takes over the IP and makes it into something better it will never go anywhere.

For Anthem they should have added content while making improvements to the system every couple of months and it could have been fine, showing they cared would have solved a lot, letting the game rot while trying to rebuild it from the ground up killed it.

Become a Patron!
Back