BioWare Announces Legacy of the Sith, the Next Expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-the-old-republic-legacy-of-the-sith-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: BioWare

Nearly a decade after its release in December 2020, BioWare’s Star Wars MMORPG, Star Wars: The Old Republic, appears to still be going strong. As a means of celebrating the game’s 10th anniversary and bolstering the title with new content, BioWare yesterday announced a new expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic called Legacy of the Sith. Legacy of the Sith will “send players to the darkest depths and farthest reaches of the galaxy” and grant them further customization with the addition of Combat Styles—the ability to separate their Class Story from gameplay style. Star Wars: The Old Republic’s Legacy of the Sith expansion will also introduce new locales such as a ruined Sith Fortress on the planet of Elom and mark the beginning of an improved player experience, enabling new character creation experiences and more. Legacy of the Sith...

Continue reading...

Might be time for my biennial romp in SWTOR.

I won't be getting the collectors edition of this k e like I did the original thats for sure.

This is still a thing? I thought it was long dead and buried as it should be.

This is still a thing? I thought it was long dead and buried as it should be.
There are a lot of MMOs out there that aren’t exactly thriving but not quite dead. Just mostly dead, kept alive by true love.

I logged in a few months ago and things were surprisingly busy. Same goes for ESO.
Honestly kinda expected a wasteland but got fast dungeon ques, active battlegrounds and lively cities/hubs.

weren't there rumors of a reboot/remake?

weren't there rumors of a reboot/remake?
Not that I've heard - this game would be a decent candidate, but it would be a huge overtaking. It's a much bigger game now than any other Bioware title.

I always hated the way the engine looked in it - everybody looked too plastic. But it did have decent stories, I play through one every couple of years. Eventually I will get them all done.

Become a Patron!
Back