Blizzard Announces Diablo II: Resurrected with Remastered 4K Graphics, Cross-Progression, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
diablo-ii-resurrected-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard has officially announced its heavily anticipated remaster of Diablo II, Diablo II: Resurrected. The existence of the game was confirmed during today’s BlizzConline event, which coincided with the launch of a beautiful new website that detailed Diablo II: Resurrected’s various improvements over the 2000 original. Those would include completely redone graphics in Ultra High Definition 4k (2160p) resolution, cross-progression between each supported platform, revamped ladder seasons, a redesigned user interface, and an expanded stash for more loot.

“Diablo II: Resurrected is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo II,” Blizzard explained. “Pursue the mysterious Dark...

Continue reading...

I'll register my interest as positive.

Diablo II was the first game that I started playing in the late afternoon and then found myself surprised that the sun was coming in from the other side of the house. My first game of its type as well, and well, I got hooked.

Of course, this all depends on how well this remaster is done. There are many ways that this effort can go well for Blizzard, and far more ways that it can go wrong.

I played through Diablo 2, but never got super into it (Tribes took the majority of my PC online gaming time).

I'm liking the cross progression with consoles - this is the one series where I thought the console version of the game played just as good as the PC version. I could see myself lugging my PS5 with me on work trips and getting some Diablo 2 time in.

I played through Diablo 2, but never got super into it (Tribes took the majority of my PC online gaming time).

I'm liking the cross progression with consoles - this is the one series where I thought the console version of the game played just as good as the PC version. I could see myself lugging my PS5 with me on work trips and getting some Diablo 2 time in.
If they compiled the game for Linux and ARM (or just ARM), you should be able to run it on a Pi! Seriously. I had a buddy that ran Diablo II using the integrated graphics on a laptop in 2000.

The game should literally run on today's equivalent of a potato :cool:

Become a Patron!
Back