CD PROJEKT RED Intends to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 So It Can Be Sold for “Years to Come”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED’s open-world sci-fi RPG has proven to be a textbook example of how not to launch a heavily hyped, triple-A video game, but the developer is still optimistic that Cyberpunk 2077 can be salvaged from all of the criticism that has been levied against it. Joint chief executive Adam Kicinski shared this belief with Reuters today, clarifying that the company had no plans to abandon the game. Instead, CD PROJEKT RED remains committed to patching Cyberpunk 2077 until it reaches a level of quality that will ensure its sales potential for years to come.

CD Projekt committed to fixing Cyberpunk 2077 so it can sell 'for years' https://t.co/AkLWkumaGJ pic.twitter.com/A94JcB3yiL— Reuters (@Reuters)...

Continue reading...

This is good I'm glad they are going to continue supporting this IP.

Great, sorta.
My first playthrough is paused until its near completion, but that might be years, haha!

So they acting like this is a salvage operation. Didn't they make " tons" of money? The cyberpunk launch story is a weird one for sure.
The game business and corporate culture seems quite screwy from a distance too.

I'm more concerned about content than the bugs. I've spent 100 hours in the game, an there is nothing meaningful left to do. Even if they say it is now completely bug free and runs perfect on a potato, I have no reason to revisit the game unless they expand it with content.

I'm more concerned about content than the bugs. I've spent 100 hours in the game, an there is nothing meaningful left to do. Even if they say it is now completely bug free and runs perfect on a potato, I have no reason to revisit the game unless they expand it with content.

Wow so you met the girl from the trailer and everything? That's one side quest I kinda am looking forward to.

I don't know what you mean, which trailer, what girl?

From the original Cyberpunk 2077 trailer. The Cyber Sycosis suffering girl who gets shot some then it flips and you see her riding in a PD VTOL part of the Cyber Psycho squad.

I don't want to disappoint you, but the whole cyberpsycho sidequest is pretty boring, there are a few more interesting cases in it, but nothing that dramatic. It all just fizzles out at the end.

Meh I'm just glad she's present. I watched the trigger and scene for it. Not bad.

I'm glad. I am about 30 hours into my first real playthrough (1.2 patch). It is playable and much less buggy, but there is still a lot of jankiness that needs fine tuning. But I'm digging it for the most part.

There will be DLC for this, have no doubt. Just maybe not for PS4 players, LOL

Become a Patron!
Back