Check Out the First Five Minutes of Hitman 3’s Dubai Mission

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
hitman-3-screenshot-dubai-burj-al-ghazali-lens-flare-1024x576.jpg
Image: IO Interactive

Our friends at Game Informer have shared the first five minutes of the third installment of IO Interactive’s World of Assassination Trilogy, Hitman 3. It appears that the Copenhagen-based developer has drawn a bit of inspiration from Hollywood blockbusters such as Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Furious 7, as players are pitched right into the dizzying heights of the world’s tallest skyscraper, the Burj Khalifa (or, as IO is calling it, the Burj Al-Ghazali). The footage comprises Agent 47’s acrophobia-triggering trek around the outskirts of Dubai’s renowned tower as he slowly makes his way inside to eliminate two targets, Carl Ingram and Marcus...

Continue reading...

I want to like the Hitman games, but I am terrible at them.

I don't like Hitmen games and I don't see why I'd want to like them. They just don't click with me. They'd need to make a hitmen game where you get a brand new agent who you can customize and go through the full training with them. Then I'd be on-board.

I don't like Hitmen games and I don't see why I'd want to like them. They just don't click with me. They'd need to make a hitmen game where you get a brand new agent who you can customize and go through the full training with them. Then I'd be on-board.

Well, the first Hitman reboot does a lot of that actually. Customization not included. But, the problem with the new games is you don't have enough choice about how you approach situations. You can kill your target in a shocking variety of ways, but running and gunning isn't one of them. Your firearms are about ****ing useless and you die to a hit from virtually anything.

I don't have the patience for all that stealth and scheming crap. Just let me go in and kill the way I used to in the older Hitman games and I'll start buying them again.

Well, the first Hitman reboot does a lot of that actually. Customization not included. But, the problem with the new games is you don't have enough choice about how you approach situations. You can kill your target in a shocking variety of ways, but running and gunning isn't one of them. Your firearms are about ****ing useless and you die to a hit from virtually anything.

I don't have the patience for all that stealth and scheming crap. Just let me go in and kill the way I used to in the older Hitman games and I'll start buying them again.
So it's basically splinter cell. You can't run and gun in those either. Because your gun is absolutely useless, and you don't have enough ammo to take down every enemy anyway. I wouldn't want to run and gun in as a strategy in a stealth game, but at least let me fight my way out if I get detected.

But that is not the reason I'm not interested in Hitman, it's that it seems to have no soul to me. The character is bland and uninteresting, and that's enough for me to stay away.

So it's basically splinter cell. You can't run and gun in those either. Because your gun is absolutely useless, and you don't have enough ammo to take down every enemy anyway. I wouldn't want to run and gun in as a strategy in a stealth game, but at least let me fight my way out if I get detected.

But that is not the reason I'm not interested in Hitman, it's that it seems to have no soul to me. The character is bland and uninteresting, and that's enough for me to stay away.

The thing is, I could run and gun in the older Hitman games. I don't care for all that stealth BS, but I have often enjoyed the games when I could run and gun. I would usually try to be somewhat stealthy, but as you said I want the option to fight my way out if things go sideways. The current games don't let me do that.

Become a Patron!
Back