Chrono Cross Remaster Announced for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
chrono-cross-the-radical-dreamers-edition-logo-on-black-bg-1024x576.jpg
Image: Square Enix

Square Enix has announced Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition, a remastered version of the classic RPG that was originally released in 1999 for PlayStation consoles. Available digitally for PC (Steam), PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 7, 2022, Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will include a number of exciting new features that include 3D models converted to HD, the ability to toggle between original and updated graphics, and “refined” music by composer Yasunori Mitsuda. The game will even include a copy of Radical Dreamers, the side story to Chrono Trigger that was previously exclusive only to Japan via the Satellaview system.

Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition Announced for PlayStation 4 Console, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam...

Continue reading...

Not hearing great things about this remaster, and Chrono Cross wasn't the best of the series anyway. Wonder what on earth S/E was thinking?

A ChronoTrigger remake would go crazy - it's considered one of the best of all time. It deserves a FF7-style remake.

Chrono Trigger is definitely one of the best video games of all time, at least to me. Chrono Cross not so much. It certainly didn't need a remaster. So I say "no thanks."

A ChronoTrigger remake would go crazy - it's considered one of the best of all time. It deserves a FF7-style remake.
That would be pretty nuts.

I never played Chrono Cross when it first came out, I picked it up years later for my Vita but couldn't get past its 'PS1-era' appearance.

This remake will probably get me to pick it up again if the appearance is cleaned up enough (and seems like an excellent title for the Steam Deck).

No pls no, don't ruin a great game by changing core gameplay. They can update the grpahics etc. but do not touch the gameplay. Otherwise make a new game in the same IP.

Become a Patron!
Back