Clocktuner for Ryzen (CTR)

MadMummy76

FPS Junkie
You probably heard about this app, if not, the TLDR version:

It promises automatic overclocking / undervolting optimizations for Zen 2 CPUs.

Usage guide w. download link at the end

Beta 3 has just been released, I've only tried Beta 2 on my 3700x and failed miserably with an ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming.
CTR gave false readings for Voltage and CPU temp. According to it my cpu temp was 0 C° And vdrop was infinity.

And it hard locked the system on the third iteration.

Haven't heard about the app before, but I've heard that for the most part PB2 is more than sufficient for the processor and overclocking really isn't needed.

Overclocking Zen 2 is non-existent. Even if I hard lock all cores to a specific frequency I can't get past 4.4 Ghz.

Not that I need it. My 3700X is plenty fast as is for everything I do.

Overclocking Zen 2 is non-existent. Even if I hard lock all cores to a specific frequency I can't get past 4.4 Ghz.

Not that I need it. My 3700X is plenty fast as is for everything I do.
You are lucky, mine won't even go to 4300. But even at 4250 I see gains in threaded work.

When I try to stress my 3700x CPU I only see like 4180MHz... so I guess 4250 seems decent. I get around 3980 sustained all core. So not much difference for me between my all core and single core boosts. I can probably screw around a bit and get a little better here or there, but it's good enough for my mITX box. Either way, it cranks through things pretty well.

Become a Patron!
Back