Corsair Updates RMx Series Low-Noise PSUs with ATX 3.1 Compliance and Native ATX 12V-2×6 Connector

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The RMx Series, a family of low-noise PC power supplies that maker Corsair has described as being one of the quietest and most reliable options available, is now available with several improvements, including ATX 3.1 compliance, a native ATX 12V-2×6 connector, and a manual fan speed control knob, Corsair has announced.

See full article...

The original RM series was the one that shook my confidence in Corsair PSUs. They used to be my “didn’t need to wait for the review” brand. Not after that.

Hello Seasonic

I've never had an issue with my Corsair PSU's. Them and Seasonic are usually who I go with.

I've never had an issue with my Corsair PSU's. Them and Seasonic are usually who I go with.
I never had any issues with the ones I purchased either. I didn't own an RM series.

But they were a bulletproof brand for a long time. You could count on every model going into a review and crushing it.

Until that RM series kinda choked. Then they were just mere mortals again - like almost every other PSU vendor out there.

Right now Seasonic is the only brand I can think of that's more or less nailing it with every model out there. Some may be better than others but none of them are downright failing or dangerous.

That first RM series from Corsair was pretty bad if I recall. They shored it up with subsequent releases. I'd link to the H review, but it's no longer there =(
I leave you with this instead, which is a poor substitute

ntil that RM series kinda choked. Then they were just mere mortals again - like almost every other PSU vendor out there.

That's when I stopped looking at them, think jonnyguru had some review of them but that site is gone too, but I think since he's moved to Corsair they improved again, still mostly go for seasonic ever since.

I never had any issues with the ones I purchased either. I didn't own an RM series.
I had the RM1000 unit for a while, and it seemed to be very good though the system it was in the PSU was probably overkill.

Become a Patron!
Back