CPU Tier list

MadMummy76

FPS Junkie
I'm in my tier list making phase, so I did it for all the CPUs I owned and used in my primary desktop PC:

cputier.png

The tiers are not necessarily based on the intrinsic quality of the CPUs, but on how they performed compared to my expectations based on the investment. In brackets I included the clock speed I used them at daily where different from stock.

Wow you got hosed on your i7-930

I have a 920 that would clock up to 4.0 stable, and it's still running today (although it hasn't been overclocked for several years, it's been at stock for ... 10 years now?)

That thing has been running almost 24/7 since 2009.

I made the same mistake twice in a row. First I paid extra to get the E8500 instead of an E8400, and it clocked worse than the average 8400. Then again I paid extra for the 930 over the 920 hoping for a better bin and this is what I got.

I'm in my tier list making phase, so I did it for all the CPUs I owned and used in my primary desktop PC:

View attachment 3041

The tiers are not necessarily based on the intrinsic quality of the CPUs, but on how they performed compared to my expectations based on the investment. In brackets I included the clock speed I used them at daily where different from stock.
I would need a much bigger chart to even attempt this.

Become a Patron!
Back