Crysis Remastered to Feature Ray Tracing, HD Textures, New Lighting, and Other Major Visual Upgrades

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
crysis-keyart-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crytek

Shortly after this morning’s leak, Crytek officially announced Crysis Remastered, a modernized version of its 2007 classic with improved textures and optimizations for the latest generation of hardware. The title will also feature some of the latest technologies, such as ray tracing – which is to be expected, considering the reputation of the original.

“Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game’s single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be...

Continue reading...

I hope it can crush modern PC's like mine the way the original did back in the day. I doubt it, but we'll see.

I think gaming pcs are at a different level and vastly different in execution. If they. Made a game that. Could crush high end then it would be unplayable for too many people, not to mention how many laptop pc gamers there are that would require a lot of money to get there.

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic but I have a feeling this game is going to once again be the benchmark for graphics. I can't wait to walk over that ridge right at dawn again and see that scenery that blew me away 12 years ago.

This may be the game that makes me wish I had a 32" 4K monitor instead of a 27" 1080p@240 Hz lol.

Become a Patron!
Back