Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3’s Source Files Have Reportedly Been Sold

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-valentines-day-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED’s hacked files, which include source code for Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, have reportedly been sold just days after they were listed for auction. The news comes from vx-underground, the same individual who confirmed that the leaked data was being offered for sale on an undisclosed hacking forum yesterday.

“Rumors suggest that the auction was a success and someone has purchased the stolen CD Projekt Red data,” vx-underground tweeted this morning. “We do not know the amount in which the materials were purchased for. We cannot provide screenshots of the auction at this time.”

It isn’t clear how much CD PROJEKT RED’s hacked data was purchased for (previous coverage...

Continue reading...

Dude .. you should of kept haggling .. I would have sold it to you for a lot less .. just sayen'

I feel the same way.
What is the worth? First of all CP2077 isn't that great in the first place.
Witcher is older and available for cheap these days.

I can't see how you could recoup millions of dollars....maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe there is a deeper reason than the game(s)? Maybe the engine?

It had to be either law enforcement/government, some literal retard with more money than brains or a complete lie because there is nothing of relevance you can do with the code. There are already DRM free versions out there and you can't use enough of the code in a new game to make it worth while without getting caught and arrested. There is just no point.

Become a Patron!
Back