Cyberpunk 2077 Save Files Become Corrupted After Exceeding 8 MB, GOG Warns Players to Keep a Lower Amount of Items

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-screenshot-computer-access-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

We’ve lost track of how many bugs and glitches CD PROJEKT RED managed to miss in Cyberpunk 2077, but here’s a pretty big one that deserves reporting. GOG has admitted that there is an issue whereby save data gets permanently corrupted if the player collects or crafts too many items. The advisory doesn’t offer any additional specifics, but a report from r/pcgaming suggests that the corruption happens once a save file reaches 8 MB in...

Continue reading...

Ok that's disappointing and cdpr should fix that one. 8 Meg is to be fair a LOT of xml data... but it's still a weird limit with today's tech. I suspect a set of Xml files will be used once this is fixed with multiple tabs and iterations that are managed in the UI as tabs.

Ok that's disappointing and cdpr should fix that one. 8 Meg is to be fair a LOT of xml data... but it's still a weird limit with today's tech. I suspect a set of Xml files will be used once this is fixed with multiple tabs and iterations that are managed in the UI as tabs.

Well,

They should fix all of them. :p

Hopefully in a few months when I get around to buying the game it will be good and playable.

But yeah, bugs like this are particularly frustrating. Especially if you lose progress.

I wonder if they hard coded the buffer for save files in the game. Now that would be hilarious.

Become a Patron!
Back