Death Stranding Gets DLSS 2.1 Ultra Performance Update for 8K Fun on GeForce RTX 3090

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
death-stranding-character-blend-1024x576.jpg
Image: Kojima Productions

Death Stranding has received a hearty (5 GB) update that brings DLSS 2.1’s Ultra Performance mode to Hideo Kojima’s walking simulator. According to NVIDIA, Ultra Performance mode allows GeForce RTX 3090 owners to run the game at frame rates as high as 78 FPS in 8K with ray tracing enabled.

“The Ultra Performance mode uses a newly trained AI super resolution model, purpose-built for 8K, that offers image quality comparable to native resolution, while rendering only one ninth of the pixels,” NVIDIA boasted in its 8K HDR Gaming article from earlier this month. “In supported titles, users will now have up to 4 DLSS image quality modes –Quality, Balanced, Performance...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to look forward to when I decide to replay this game again. After I get a 3000-series GPU...

I thought DLSS was driver side, or was that just 1.0?

I thought DLSS was driver side, or was that just 1.0?
Nvidia has made it easier to implement, but it does take work by the developer. That's also likely to be the case going forward and also for whatever solution AMD comes up with, or say Microsoft does to provide a unified approach.

Become a Patron!
Back