Deathloop Will Be Exclusive to PS5 and PC until September 2022

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
deathloop-wallpaper-1024x576.jpg
Image: Arkane Studios

Arkane Studios’ upcoming action-adventure game, Deathloop, has been heavily publicized as a PlayStation exclusive that will only be available on the PS5 and Windows platforms when it launches on September 14, 2021. A new official gameplay walkthrough that premiered during this week’s State of Play event has revealed that Xbox gamers won’t get the privilege of playing Deathloop until next year at the earliest—according to a notice at the very end of the nearly 10-minute video, Deathloop’s console exclusivity doesn’t end until September 14, 2022. Deathloop will presumably be added to Microsoft’s game subscription service Xbox Game Pass by that date, as the company now owns Arkane Studios as part of its Bethesda acquisition.

First announced at E3 2019, Deathloop is the next game from Dishonored developers Arkane Studios. When it was first revealed, no...

Continue reading...

Huh I think I like amd being integrated into consoles so heavily. The ports to pc are native.

Aww, so disappointed there isn't a game named "Deathloo"...

1626293836878.png

1626294138024.png

I think I saw a death loo in one of the bathrooms in Quake 3 once :p

Last edited:
Huh I think I like amd being integrated into consoles so heavily. The ports to pc are native.

For the instruction set, yeah, but all the API's and OS system calls are going to be different, so I don't think it really saves that much effort when making the titles cross platform.

Become a Patron!
Back