Deep Cool Castle 360EX ARGB Pump LED Blue Channel Failed - Let's See How This Goes

LazyGamer

FPS Junkie
DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX on Amazon

This is a fairly well-reviewed budget 360mm AIO. As a cooler on my 9900K, it's been great - the 9900K is limited by itself more than the cooler, which can keep it at <80c when running at 5.0GHz on all eight cores with zero AVX offset.

I tend to prefer setting RGB to all white (255, 255, 255) - this works with white or black components and is at least inoffensive.

Recently, lighting on the pump seemed a bit yellow, and for some reason this didn't stand out. This is probably because RGB LEDs can rarely do white well, and while working on case reviews, that frustration is one I've just set aside.

I also recently just replaced all of the rather awful DEEPCOOL RF120M fans in my case with the far better behaved ARCTIC P12 PWM PST A-RGB fans, and while trying to tune the color, happened to try walking through the red, green, and blue primaries.

Here's what it looks like next to G.SKILL RAM and a few of the Arctic fans:

IMG_0267.jpg

If set to all blue, the pump goes dark - if set to green or red, it turns appropriately green or red.

I've put a ticket in to Deep Cool's support page to see how they handle it.

I lost 3-5 degrees C to my cooling when I turned RGB off. I concur. I'd be worried if the blue just went bad..

They requested pictures, which during our current move isn't the highest of priorities, but certainly something I want to get to to make sure to give them a fair shot at making things right.

Become a Patron!
Back