Denuvo’s Anti-Cheat Technology Is Coming to PlayStation 5 Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
denuvo-logo-black-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Denuvo

Denuvo Software Solutions, the Austrian-based outfit behind the popular anti-tamper technology and digital rights management (DRM) scheme that aims to prevent PC piracy, has revealed that it has joined the PlayStation 5 Tools and Middleware program to offer its exclusive anti-cheat technology to game publishers on the PS5. The software company confirmed the news in a press release published today, which noted its prevalence in the industry with over 2 billion unique game installs and commitment to protecting the revenue of newly launched titles. Denuvo says that its advanced anti-cheat technology has already been incorporated into select PlayStation 5 launch titles.

“Denuvo’s Anti-Cheat incorporates advanced technology to secure both online gameplay as well as securely reward offline progress,” the company...

Continue reading...

Who is cheating on console games? I know they make a device for PS4 that plugs inline and allows rapid fire, not sure what else it provided and I can't remember what it was called... I also know PS4/XB have adapters to allow keyboard and mouse control in games, but is that really cheating?

Denuvo..... Isn't that something Sony spouted about that made DVDs and other media uncrackable?
Then it was busted first day a few years back?

I have no idea how you would "cheat" short of keyboard/mouse... which I don't really consider cheating. I have no idea what Denuvo should be doing on a console really...

Seems redundant as Sony would identify and ban modded consoles... Why do they need a second layer on top?

Who is cheating on console games? I know they make a device for PS4 that plugs inline and allows rapid fire, not sure what else it provided and I can't remember what it was called... I also know PS4/XB have adapters to allow keyboard and mouse control in games, but is that really cheating?
Ah, ignorance is bliss. You can load hacks on console by connecting a USB drive loaded with payload. It's easier to do on PS4 than on Xbox One. Not sure about the newer consoles right now, but you can bet that console hacks will continue to be an issue so long as cross play with the prior generation is still available.

SUNUVA B1TCH
So the PC plague spreads to consoles...
Plague? I don't know of any PC games currently using Denuvo Ant-Cheat. They tried adding it to Doom Eternal, but removed it quickly soon after since it broke the game so badly.

Plague? I don't know of any PC games currently using Denuvo Ant-Cheat. They tried adding it to Doom Eternal, but removed it quickly soon after since it broke the game so badly.
Ah yes well I was actually refering to Denuvo Anti-Tamper, not Anti-Cheat. I had been awake for around 28 hours when I read the post, I just saw the word "Denuvo" and I ran and grabbed my pitchfork, and was looking for matches to light my torch. To be honest, I actually don't know if games really do still use Denuvo Anti-Tamper, I assume they do. Since I get games waaaaay after launch, usually by then if they had Denuvo, it's been removed. I remember for a while there it was actually putting up a good fight, with some games having taken longer than usual to crack. In the end though, like all DRM-related sh1t, it ended up being useless, and only a hindrance to legit paying customers. I'm glad that with some of the games that shipped with Denuvo, like Doom 2016, the devs removed it from the game after the games had been cracked, cuz at that point there's no reason to still have Denuvo in the game anyways.

Yeah Doom Eternal had that situation with Denuvo Anti-Cheat, where even the single-player campaign was locked out if you were offline. I was fortunate that I didn't have the game installed at the time, as I had already gone through it I think twice by the time that update came out, so Denuvo Anti-Cheat never got on my system. As for it being on PS5, well I guess there's no real problem with that, so far as I know. Games always need to find ways to stop cheating online. It's not a subject I am familiar with cuz I almost never do any kind of online multiplayer.

Become a Patron!
Back