Disney+ Surpasses 90 Million Subscribers Three Years Earlier Than Planned

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
disney-plus-logo-1024x538.jpg
Image: Disney

Disney+ has already managed to surpass 94.9 million subscribers. The numbers were confirmed by Disney CEO Bob Chapek this week, who spoke during his company’s Q1 2021 earnings call and noted that the streaming service has performed far beyond initial expectations. More specifically, Disney didn’t think it’d be able to hit 90 million subscribers until 2024.

“Disney+ has exceeded even our highest expectations, in just over a year since its launch with 94.9 million subscribers, as of the end of the first fiscal quarter,” confirmed CEO Bob Chapek in a transcript provided by Seeking Alpha. “ESPN+ and Hulu have also performed well, with 12.1 million and 39.4 million subscriptions...

Continue reading...

It's temporary. I'm getting what I want from them and then giving them the finger, just like CBS and HBO.

I pre paid for 3 years cause of cheap, I won't be sustaining the subscription after most likely. I am using it surprisingly little.
Its a lot of netflix, some of prime. When i had hulu also some of hulu, but they screwed that up spectacularly.

I did the early access 3 year pre pay of Disney+. It’s By far the most watched service for my family. Apple TV shall be getting the boot when the free trial is over, and even though I have a prime subscription for shipping, I’ve never actually watched anything on it.

Disney+ and Prime have been seeing the most use in my household. Netflix is definitely downward trending.

Disney is finally bringing their more adult content with Star being added to it on Feb 23 (in Canada).

Become a Patron!
Back