EK Water Blocks CEO Issues Statement Following Reports Alleging $250 Million Company Has Been “Destroyed” by Its Leaders

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EKWB (EK Water Blocks), the Slovenian hardware company best known for its range of high-end cooling components, including, more recently, EK Quantum Vector² Water Blocks for Strix and TUF RTX 40 Series GPUs, remains operational and committed to delivering quality products to customers despite the "financial challenges" that the company has been contending with as of late, Edvard König, CEO of EKWB, has announced in a letter to EK employees and the community.

See full article...

That was quite a piece GN put together. Well worth the watch if anyone hasn't already.

I almost felt like I was watching Tech 60 minutes.

Some fascinating stuff. Also a company led by dooshbags, wow.

Definitely.

Shouldn't be a surprise though.

Remember the whole nickel plating issue back in 2010/2011? They essentially screwed over all of their existing customers in order to save their own *****. That pretty much showed what kind of people they were.

They took no responsibility at all for an obvious product defect, hiring some sham lab to give them a report that said it wasn't their fault, and then shafted every last one of their customers.

I've tried to avoid them ever since, but it wasn't always possible, as often they were the only ones that made a specific block for a specific GPU.

I owned an Asus Z690 Formula board that was made in conjunction with EK for water cooling, though I never used it for that directly. There was an issue on EK's end with the board that was faulty. EK has shot themselves in the foot on many occasions since then.

I owned an Asus Z690 Formula board that was made in conjunction with EK for water cooling, though I never used it for that directly. There was an issue on EK's end with the board that was faulty. EK has shot themselves in the foot on many occasions since then.
That one was on both of them - EK delivered what ASUS ordered, i.e. an aluminum block for custom loops (lol).

Become a Patron!
Back