Epic Games Releases New Unreal Engine 5 Footage and Details Potential NVIDIA DLSS Competitor, “Temporal Super Resolution”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
unreal-engine-5-early-access-face-off-1024x576.jpg
Image: Epic Games

Epic stunned gamers last summer when it released its first look at Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) with a beautiful sequence hinting at what future adventure games like Tomb Raider might look like running on next-gen hardware. As part of a new video released today celebrating the availability of an Early Access build, Epic has shared new footage that once again showcases how great UE5 titles will look thanks to its advanced technologies, which include Nanite and Lumen for increased geometric detail and dynamic lighting. As discussed in the release notes and a separate blog post by AMD, UE5 also boasts a new upscaling feature called “Temporal Super Resolution” that could serve as a potential alternative to...

Continue reading...

I'm feeling the Temporal Super Resolution could be more akin to AMD's super resolution. As its also shader based and hardware agnostic.

The interesting part for me is that it claims to comes close to native 4k quality, while DLSS in some cases, surpasses it.

Things should get interesting in the near future.

After watching the video, they claim close to 4k quality at 1080p performance. I'm going to say it should then be comparabla to DLSS performance mode.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back