Epic Games Store Will No Longer Allow Users to Claim Free Games Unless Two-Factor Authentication Is Enabled

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
epic-games-store-logo-square-1024x576.jpg
Image: Epic Games Store

From now until May 21, Epic Games Store users will have to enable two-factor authentication before claiming free games. The decision was made to encourage customers to strengthen their account security.

Beginning today, we will periodically require two-factor authentication prior to claiming free games on the Epic Games Store. Learn more here: https://t.co/MekyaklrTo— Epic Games Store (@EpicGames) April 28, 2020

While some companies have mandated 2FA as a crafty way of getting phone numbers, that doesn’t seem to be the case here, as the Epic Games Store allows verification codes to be sent via email. Users...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
...or they really want to tie your account actity to your phone number :/

Or you k ow the Google authenticator. It isn't sms only. There are three options I saw. Also when I logged in to set it up my address was showi g some dude in Thailand fixed and two factor now.

Heaven forbid more security!

I always set up 2FA on all accounts I have when available. Hate the SMS-based ones, love the ones where you can use your own Authenticator software, like the Google one.

Become a Patron!
Back