EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (12 GB) Photos Have Leaked

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-geforce-rtx-3080-ftw3-ultra-gaming-front-rgb-off-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

The first images of EVGA’s GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (12 GB) have leaked, confirming the impending release of a revised GeForce RTX 3080 model that features a slight memory upgrade over the original.

According to the images shared by VideoCardz, EVGA’s GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra graphics card will feature a design that’s largely inspired by the original, which can be identified by its ARGB LED strip with EVGA logo and carbon-fiber-inspired shroud. Users will find 2 GB of additional memory versus the standard model.

Continue reading...

Prolly better than any card you can find in Retail in the next 18 months

Mining BTC on GPUs caused a GPU shortage when BTC hit some records. Then a surge of GPUs hit the market when purpose built hardware was developed specifically to mine BTC making GPUs obsolete at the task.

Then ETH came along and slowly people started adopting ETH to mine on their GPUs. When ETH started hitting all time highs it caused another massive GPU shortage. Now when (If it ever does) ETH goes from Proof-of-work to proof-of-stake. Once that happens, GPUs will again be readily available as the market is flooded with them.

Then Ravencoin will start to gather more steam, it's value will greatly increase and people will again start using GPUs to mine RVN heavily, causing another massive GPU shortage.

Then ETH came along and slowly people started adopting ETH to mine on their GPUs. When ETH started hitting all time highs it caused another massive GPU shortage. Now when (If it ever does) ETH goes from Proof-of-work to proof-of-stake. Once that happens, GPUs will again be readily available as the market is flooded with them.
You know, we haven't exactly seen a wave of <8GB GPUs sweep over the nation now that ETH has moved beyond that. And Proof-of-Stake has been "just around the corner" for quite some time now.

You are probably right, we are due for another bust-boom cycle, but I just don't see it being a positive for gamers in any fashion at all.

yay - the market is flooded with gray beat up GPUs... so all the manufacturers get gunshy and limit their production of new stuff -- again, right as the shortage might be starting to get figured out.

I see no silver lining here. Especially since you are talking about whatever the next coin down the road is about to pop up is.

Become a Patron!
Back