EVGA Introduces Z590 DARK Motherboard for $599.99

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-z590-dark-motherboard-front-back-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

EVGA has announced the latest motherboard in its premium DARK series, the Z590 DARK. Built on a black, 10-layer PCB and designed for Intel’s 11th/10th Gen Core processors (LGA 1200 socket), EVGA’s Z590 DARK motherboard features a 21-phase VRM and an upgraded cooling solution comprising a 100-percent copper heat sink with twin PWM fans and a 90-degree rotated CPU socket and memory slots to assist in overclocking ventures. Other features offered by EVGA’s Z590 DARK include native PCIe Gen 4.0 slots for graphics cards and M.2 NVMe SSDs, as well as right-angle power connectors and dual probelt headers. EVGA’s Z590 DARK motherboard is priced at $599.99 and will be available exclusively to EVGA Elite Members for the first 24 hours.

Chipset – Intel Z590SLI – 2-Way SLISATA – 6 Native SATA 6 Gb/s Ports / 2 ASMedia SATA 6 Gb/s PortsRAID 0, 1, 5, 10USB – USB...

Continue reading...

I do like the look of it, the pricetag is a bit steep, but I suppose there are more expensive offerings out there. The layout is a bit... unusual. Wonder if it actually helps overcloking like they claim. Also, only a single set of dual-channel DIMM sockets -- probably fine for those looking to hit overclock records, but something I wouldn't expect in a $600 motherboard.

I do like the 90' opposed power, USB, and fan header connectors on the edge.

Connectors on the edge I can get behind. Even better would be most fan headers on one edge, or all headers on the edge really.

Obviously, I don't have one of these on hand at the moment. I haven't reviewed an EVGA board in a very long time. That being said, I like what's going on here and what they are trying to do with it. A basic look at the PCB reveals design decisions that I think should be the industry standard such as the right angled ports and headers. Unfortunately, the big three or four out there will hardly take queues from EVGA on the subject. Especially since some of what EVGA is doing on this board increases costs.

I'm not a fan of the two slot memory configuration, though I know why EVGA is doing that on this motherboard.

Become a Patron!
Back