EVGA Says It’ll Replace GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Cards Bricked by Amazon’s New World MMO

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-geforce-rtx-3090-ftw3-angled-black-bg-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

EVGA has offered to replace any of its GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards that were ruined by Amazon’s upcoming MMO, New World. A spokesperson for the company confirmed the decision with PC Gamer today, noting that “all failed 3090s are being replaced.” This is great news, being that EVGA’s GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards start at $1,599.99. Most of the GPUs that have been affected have reportedly been EVGA models, which has led some to believe that there is some sort of defect or poor design specific to the manufacturer’s GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards. Users on EVGA’s official forums and other social media continue to demand answers from the company.

According to Jason Langevin, host on the JayzTwoCents YouTube...

Continue reading...

Oooo, my Evga 3090 was bricked!

<Rambles through storage looking for an Evga card>

That's decent of Amazon. I guess if he can ride a dick to space, he can afford to replace some gpu's

It will blow over even faster than Space Invaders....

It will blow over even faster than Space Invaders....
Oh, I doubt that. Nvidia isn't living that one down this decade - this Amazon MMO thing with EVGA cards seems to be an EVGA issue, and that's only mitigated because EVGA is the most likely company to do the right thing.

I was watching the Jaytwocents video, and it seems to be only an issue with EVGA cards at this point. So it's nice to see them stepping up to replace their cards if they do in fact fail the consumer.

Who here thinks this is with some behind the scenes encouragement from Amazon? Hey evga.. we would love to keep listing your cards for sale and hosting your infrastructure on our cloud.. oh hey are you going to be replacing those 3090s of yours our game killed?

Who here thinks this is with some behind the scenes encouragement from Amazon? Hey evga.. we would love to keep listing your cards for sale and hosting your infrastructure on our cloud.. oh hey are you going to be replacing those 3090s of yours our game killed?
Sounds plausible?

I'd think most would just be annoyed that this means even fewer 3090's going to market, though it is nice to see EVGA living up to their reputation!

Since all the 3090's from EVGA affected by this are still under warranty I see nothing unusual here.

EVGA is just upholding their end of it is all.

Since all the 3090's from EVGA affected by this are still under warranty I see nothing unusual here.

EVGA is just upholding their end of it is all.
Exactly, this is stating the obvious. They have to replace them since they died under normal usage and are still in warranty.

Exactly, this is stating the obvious. They have to replace them since they died under normal usage and are still in warranty.
There seems to have been some concern on the net about that, probably because of peoples experiences with some companies that can turn a simple RMA in to an ordeal.

Become a Patron!
Back