Ex-Blizzard Developers Building RTS Inspired by Warcraft III and StarCraft II

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
starcraft-ii-legacy-of-the-void-group-wallpaper-1024x576.jpg
Image: Blizzard Entertainment

A number of veteran Blizzard developers who helped shape Warcraft, StarCraft, and other legendary franchises opted to pack their things last year to form a new independent studio dubbed Frost Giant. Perhaps unsurprisingly, production director and CEO Tim Morten has confessed in a recent interview with gaming outlet Op Attack that the mysterious title that his team was working on would be inspired by iconic games such as Warcraft III and StarCraft: Brood War. Morten also clarified that the title, which would serve as an “evolution” of Blizzard’s games, would likely be exclusive to PC due to the nature of RTS.

Q: Your team has a lot of veterans who worked on Blizzard games specially, StarCraft. Do you guys plan to deviate from StarCraft essence with novel ideas or the...

Continue reading...

I thought WC3 was a step backward from WC2. They sacrificed gameplay for **3D**!!!! I think I finished the base campaign, but not the expansions of WC3, while I played all of WC2 several times.

I was waiting for all of SC2 to be released before buying, then by the time it was I pretty much had forgotten about it.

I was waiting for all of SC2 to be released before buying, then by the time it was I pretty much had forgotten about it.
Same here. I was especially miffed by the fact that the Protoss campaign was coming last. I messed around with the Terran campaign a bit, but didn't finish it. Already started to forget about SC2 by the time the Zerg campaign showed up. When the Protoss campaign was finally released, I just didn't really give a sh1t about SC2 anymore.

Looking forward to seeing what Frost Giant comes up with.

Become a Patron!
Back