Fallout 4 Players Aren’t Happy with Bethesda’s New 14 GB Update: “Broke Mods Completely”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Fallout 4's next-gen update is now available on PC, but players may want to avoid it, or, at least, temper their expectations, according to a flood of complaints on forums and social media that detail many of its apparent problems, including what is said to be broken mods, messed up sound, stretched UI elements in widescreen mode, and much, much more.

See full article...

I'm still seeing abysmal performance on my desktop - 12700K with 3080 12GB. Even with settings set to minimum and ensuring that the GPU is clocking up in game, I'm seeing sub-30FPS.

Not even sure where to start troubleshooting lol.

(Fallout 3 runs much, much better, as does Skyrim and even Starfield)

Yet I never hear any complaints when a new wow update breaks half of the mods.

Strange what some companies can or can't get away with.

Well it's just because nobody was expecting a bunch of updates from Bethesda let alone a HD texture mod.

Yet I never hear any complaints when a new wow update breaks half of the mods.

Strange what some companies can or can't get away with.
Because wow is a live service online game, it being a moving target is par for the course. Not so much for a single player game that came out 9 years ago.

Because wow is a live service online game, it being a moving target is par for the course. Not so much for a single player game that came out 9 years ago.

I take additional support anytime even if it is mostly some smaller qol updates.

I take additional support anytime even if it is mostly some smaller qol updates.
QOL would be making it opt in, so you can choose whether you want to break your mods you spent months to collect and install.

Mods even allowed mods are always subject to changes by the creator.

Tried to play it, game is borked for me, can't choose 3440*1440 res and fps is abysmall in whatever res I get the game to run can get 2560*1080 or something in that range.

Tried to play it, game is borked for me, can't choose 3440*1440 res and fps is abysmall in whatever res I get the game to run can get 2560*1080 or something in that range.

Seems like it's available? I have to choose 'Native' for 3840x1600, which does work. Performance on the other hand, no clue.

1714138662819.png

Mods even allowed mods are always subject to changes by the creator.
What do you mean "allowed" mods?

Modders have done so much for Bethesda, why can't they expect some common courtesy in return?

What do you mean "allowed" mods?

Modders have done so much for Bethesda, why can't they expect some common courtesy in return?
Which mods get common courtesy? the really big ones? Why not the small ones? all of them? Do they delay again so modders can be ready? Mod's are always a fire from the hip addition to a game. Period.

Well I found the solution for my resolution problem, I have my monitor at 125% scaling which the launcher doe snot like it seems, turning that to 100% fixes that part, but still the game is lagging as hell and very low fps.

Shelving it for now.

Still a mess on the Intel / Nvidia rig, but on the 5800X3D / RX6800 HTPC it runs great.

Also ran into an interesting quirk - if you have a controller connected, Fallout 4 will cease to respond to mouse and keyboard input... after you use the mouse or keyboard to 'press any key to continue'.

But at least the game ran and only froze upon trying to load every other time.

Become a Patron!
Back