Gal Gun Returns’ Xbox One Port Canceled Over Microsoft’s Alleged Censorship Demands

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gal-gun-returns-ecstasy-shot-1024x576.jpg
Image: Inti Creates

Japanese developer Inti Creates has announced (via Gematsu) that Gal Gun Returns, a remastered version of its original 2011 bishōjo rail shooter, has been canceled for Xbox One consoles. No explicit reason was given, but the company did release a statement noting that it could not “ensure consistency” of the title after a recent discussion with Microsoft, fueling suspicion that the cancellation probably had something to do with the game’s controversial content.

In Gal Gun, players star as a second-year male student who is lusted after by school girls after being shot by an angel’s cupid arrows. The core gameplay revolves around...

Continue reading...

Yes because the best way to solve sexual perversion is by sexual repression.

I don't trust anyone who thinks murder is OK to depict in games, but a visible panty? That's too much man!!!

I still find it hilarious that Nintendo is less of a prude these days than Sony and Microsoft. The same Nintendo that was censoring religious symbols and comic blood in their western releases back in the '90s.

I still find it hilarious that Nintendo is less of a prude these days than Sony and Microsoft. The same Nintendo that was censoring religious symbols and comic blood in their western releases back in the '90s.
It's more sad than funny unfortunately. I still don't know how was the sex scene in TLOU2 pushed past sony.

Become a Patron!
Back